Thursday, September 9, 2010

If You say wait...

...we will wait.

Are you familiar with this song? If not, you should give it a quick listen. I have had the lyrics running through my head for the past couple weeks.

If you say go we will go
If you say wait we will wait
If you say step out on the water and they say it can’t be done
We’ll fix our eyes on you and we will come
Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid are good and true
If You call us to the fire You will not withdraw Your hand
We’ll gaze into the flames and look for You
This morning Darin was on Skype with our business partner and we found out that we will probably be waiting a little longer than we had planned before heading over to South Africa. Now, I admit, this did send me into a mini-tizzy, but I actually pulled out of it pretty fast. God is going to move us over in His time. If He still wants us to go in January, I need to trust that He will work that out and make it clear to us that we are still to head over. If He wants us to stay where we are til June, I need to trust that His ways are higher than mine and look for what He wants me to do in the place He has put me.
So, we are still planning to list the house on Wednesday and have our moving sale a week later. Darin and I both feel good about both of those things. What we are now questioning is when to fill the kids in on our plans, especially since these plans are so up in the air. One thing I know for sure is I need to just turn it all back over to God and quit stressing over the details.

No comments: