Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Happy day after Thanksgiving everyone! Yesterday was another simple Thanksgiving celebration for the Fey family. I went to my FIRST Thanksgiving service at our church. I've been in the nursery the last 3 years that we've gone to EGM, so I was thankful for the opportunity to worship and give thanks with my family. Unlike last year we didn't have any turkey (or turkey products) for our Thanksgiving dinner.

After lunch we headed to the movies with our friends the Mosher's. We saw Planet 51, which I thought was pretty funny. Tyson and Jori have only been to a movie theater one other time, to see the Tale of Despereaux. I took them by myself, and it was NOT a great experience. Jori wanted to leave before the previews were even done! I am glad Darin was along this time and while the kids really behaved well, listening to them say (loudly) "Is the movie almost done?" over and over again has led Darin and I to the decision that we will avoid taking our kids to the theater for at least a few more years : ) They both liked the movie, they are just not big on sitting in one place for such a long time.

We had a quiet night last night and today has been pretty relaxed as well. The kids are SO glad that Darin is home. I love listening to them laugh and wrestle together. We had pizza tonight. Tyson had a free personal pan pizza through Book It, and he was thrilled to have his own "little pizza just for me".

We hope that you all are having a blessed Thanksgiving weekend where ever you are! We have much to be thankful for.

No comments: