Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crockpot Chicken and Salsa

Here is another super easy and tasty meal. BOTH kids ate two tortillas full! My friend from college, Michelle, gave me this recipe. She just told me about a tilapia recipe I might be trying soon. I will wait for her review though before I try it out on my fam.

Open jar of salsa, spoon 1/4-1/2 cup in bottom of crock pot - add 4-6 frozen chicken breasts. Pour on rest of salsa. Set crockpot on low if cooking all day, or high if cooking in 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before you eat, shred chicken with fork and return to crock pot. Serve in tortillas, with chips or over rice and topped with cheese.

Optional additions: 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans. Sometimes I make rice and stir it into the crock pot after I shred the chicken.

I bought salsa with corn and black beans in it and it was good. I think I used 5 breasts, the one full jar and another 1/4 jar that was just hanging out in the fridge. It was really THAT easy!