Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Noodle Casserole

This is a super fast and easy meal that both of the kids will eat WITHOUT complaint. My friend Rachel gave me this recipe-it is handwritten in the front cover of a cookbook that she gave me as a bridal shower gift. Memories...

Chicken Noodle Casserole-original recipe
One bag of egg noodles
One can cream of chicken soup
One can of milk
One can of chicken
Potato chips on top

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour

We have made some changes to the recipe to suit our taste.
I prefer to use rotini, mini shells, bow ties or elbow noodles. DO NOT use too many noodles. I have often made this mistake! Two cups dry of the noodles I listed is a great amount. Otherwise You should probably add another can of soup.
You may not need a full can of milk depending on your noodle to milk/soup ratio (you don't want a dry casserole, but you don't want a soupy mess either)
CHEESE!!!!! I always throw a handful or two of shredded cheese in with the noodles, then put more cheese on top.
Garlic Salt-A couple dashes make this extra tasty
Chips-I've used plain potato chips, bbq, cheddar cheese, salt and vinegar... They are all good.

I will often cook the noodles early in the day when I am not busy. After I drain them, I throw all the other ingredients (except the chips and some of the cheese) into the same pan I cooked the noodles in. Mix it all up then put it in a baking dish (size depends on how many noodles you use). Then put the cheese and chips on top and stick it in the fridge until an hour before you need to eat. Cook it and enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that recipe so soon! It sounds really yummy... I'm definitely going to make that next week! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that recipe so soon! It sounds really yummy... I'm definitely going to make that next week! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that recipe so soon! It sounds really yummy... I'm definitely going to make that next week! :) Tami

* I was having some problems "publishing my comment" so sorry it posted it 3 times. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes the good old standby chicken noodle casserole...gotta love it!
JRJJR