Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 5 of the coupon madness

It is Sunday night, and I have already hit up three of the four stores I am planning on shopping at this week. However, as soon as I got home, I realized I have to go back to 2 of the 3 stores tomorrow. And I already went back to the 3rd store today-I forgot my wallet the first time I headed out and was at the register before I realized it. So I am probably spending all my savings for the week on gas.

First I went to Walgreens. I don't think I am going to become a Walgreens shopper, because their rebate program kind of freaks me out. I much prefer Rite-Aids program, where you buy your stuff and then they mail you a check with the money you earned.

Next I went to Meijer. I spent $34.47 and saved $38.10. That was mostly because Meijer is having some great deals on my favorite food category--junk food. I have such a sweet tooth, that I can hardly resist when I see sweets offered at a bargain price. I got Snickers and M&M ice cream treats for $1.19 each! My Keebler Grasshoppers and Fudge Stripe cookies were $0.75 each and I bought three other packages of cookies for $1.75 each with no coupons. I also bought 2 bottles of John Frieda shampoo for $5.75. Now really, that didn't save me money, because I usually just buy Suave for around $1, but it is fun to pamper oneself every once in a while too. Here's a pic of everything that I bought at Meijer:

I do need to go back to Meijer again because I meant to pick up some snacky stuff for Darin for when we are in Minnesota next week. He doesn't have a huge sweet tooth, but he loves Buffalo Hot Wing flavored pretzels and I have coupons for those very same things that have to be used this week!

After Meijer, I ran into Target. I had to make it quick because my ice cream treats were melting. Once again I was reminded of why I try to avoid Target at all costs. They just have so much stinking cute stuff, and it seems inexpensive, but if I bought one "inexpensive" thing every time I went in the store, which would be super tempting, my children would go hungry. They also have such yummy looking snacky stuff. For example, I bought these Key Lime flavored cookies tonight because they were on sale for $2.50 and after being in Key West last year, I really love Key Lime flavored things. Did I need another package of cookies?? No! I had just bought 6 packages of cookies at Meijer AND 2 at Walgreens! It is a sickness people.

I need to go back to Target because I forgot to get my free 2 liter of Diet Coke that I was supposed to get for buying a DiGiorno Pizza (with a coupon, of course). If I didn't have to go back to Meijer to look for snacks, I would just forget about the Diet Coke because with the cost of gas right now, it wouldn't make sense. So tomorrow while Tyson is at VBS, Jori and I will be heading to Meijer, Target and Family Fare so I can get my 88 cent eggs to make cake for my Birthday BOY and Birthday GIRL!

No comments: