Friday, August 8, 2008

Welcome to Slackerville

In case you don't know where Slackerville is, it's located pretty close to Procrastinationland and Naptime Neighborhood. It's August now, and all summer my good intention has been that once August 3 arrived (one month prior to our departure) I would start getting things ready for Africa. Well, it's now August 8 and nothing has come of those good intentions. I have been on the Internet for the last hour, just kind of piddling around. I also mowed about 1/2 the yard, which needed to be done, but mowing didn't help me make any progress in packing or cleaning or anything else trip related. Jori is sleeping, Tyson is "resting" and I am dreaming about taking a nap.

We had a busy week, so a nap isn't completely unjustified. I helped out at Arts Camp at our church and the kids got to be in nursery Mon-Thurs from 8:30 til 1. It was four fun, but LONG days. I am not used to so much busy-ness and running around. I sound like an old woman! Good grief. I did fall asleep 2 out of the 4 days when we got home.

Tomorrow I am going to be a little productive. We have a babysitter coming so we can go camera shopping. That has been on my to-do list since we first started talking about going to Africa almost a year ago! Hopefully we find something tomorrow because our days are filling up with things to do and people to see and a repeat camera shopping extravaganza is not likely to fit in our schedule.

My goal for today: Sadly, I don't even want to give myself a goal. Oh, the pressure. Ok, my goal is to pack up one box of the kids toys to bring to Love INC. I'm counting on you to hold me to it, faithful blog readers. (I am guessing this blog won't get read for several days as I don't really have any faithful blog readers as of yet, so maybe I am off the hook!)

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Silly, Jonna! You must know that I have added you to my blog reader thingie so I am reading your post shortly after it was posted. How's the toy boxing coming?
PS - Glad you liked the pork... I am jealous!

jonna said...

Seeing as I am back on the computer, the boxing is not going so well : ) Actually I did start putting some stuff away, but then Tyson noticed what I was doing and that put an end to my fun.