Monday, August 11, 2008

The Countdown Continues

I am really starting to feel the stress of this whole Africa adventure. A couple months ago I was starting to have that anxious feeling, like an elephant was sitting on my chest, but then it went away. Now it is back with a vengeance. It doesn't help that I have been so tired lately. I don't know if it was that Arts Camp last week or what, but I am wiped. I am one of those oh so fortunate people that cannot handle The Tired (yes, it is an actual disorder). I get so emotional. All day long I feel like I am going to burst into tears. I have that feeling right now and the elephant must have invited a few friends to join the party because I feel like I am getting smothered. Thank God for Word Girl on PBS. Tyson and Jori are downstairs, patiently waiting for their mommy to come back down.

On a more positive note, I am starting to get some things accomplished around here. I did start packing a bag of toys for Love INC and I threw away a bunch of McDonald's toys and other little treasures. I also sorted Jori's clothes and started packing her stuff (she has the equivalent of 2 wardrobes thanks to the generosity of friends and family). Today I started in our room and my dresser top is almost empty and I cleared two closet shelves. I know it will all get done, but there are so many people we want to spend time with and things we have to get done before we go. I know, I know, we are only going for 10 weeks, so I need to just chill. It's not like people will forget us. Right?

No comments: