Monday, August 25, 2008

Hudsonville Fair

Last week was the Hudsonville Fair. We had a lot of fun going through the animal barns, eating elephant ears and deep fried vegetables and we even took the kids on a few rides. Lucky for us, their favorite rides are free. Each year the fair has a big tractor and riding mower display and kids are welcome to climb on and test the merchandise. Both kids had so much fun running from machine to machine. Jori's legs were a little too short to climb on the big tractors by herself, but Tyson had no problem getting to where he wanted to go.



It was great having the fair in town this past week. It was a good diversion for the kids, and it got me away from cleaning and packing. Speaking of which, things are going great. Grandma Willie is in town and she could clean circles around me. There are only a few things left to finish around the house and I am feeling much better about it all. I cleaned out the garage today. It worked out well for me that it was also garbage day. I had made quite the pile of junk by the time the garbage man came around. Darin's college papers and notes are now in a garbage dump. I only wish I had done this in June.



Tomorrow we are meeting with Scott and Lia who just returned from SA a couple weeks ago. We are excited to hear about their time in Africa and how things have been since they've been back. I am also excited for Lia to pass on her blogging knowledge to me. I have a picture of Jori I wanted to add to this post, but I don't know how to do it. Hopefully I learn how before we go!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lia Leenstra said...

Sounds like you are really cleaning house - or should I say garage! Can't wait to see you guys in a few hours!