Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend and the week after

I know, I know. I said I'd be switching blogs soon. I was waiting on a few things, and now I need to just finish up a few other things, and then it will be done!

In the meantime, I'll tell you about how we spent Easter. This year we were able to go with the Huisman family to DeMotte, Indiana. Now DeMotte holds a special place in my heart because I was born in Valparaiso, IN and spent the first 4 years of my life right outside of DeMotte in Roselawn. My dad was a pastor at a church in Roselawn, and my family stayed in touch with a lot of people in the DeMotte area, including my best friend's grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles-the Hubers!! We drove down on Saturday morning, arrived a little after 10, the kids ran around and played, then they headed out to Rachel's in-laws hobby farm to see the new baby goats. I don't have any pictures of that because I stayed back and took a nap! After they came back, we went to Rachel's brothers house to see their one day old kittens and fly a kite. The kids were so excited to see the little kitties. They were SO tiny. It was a windy day, so the kite flying was fun too. Then we headed back to Uncle Steve and Aunt Debbie's and ordered pizza. The kids watched a movie and went to bed and the adults played cards.

The next morning, our family headed to Roselawn for church, where we saw lots of familiar faces. Then it was back to the Hubers for a HUGE Easter dinner. We had lots of time to visit and the kids had lots of time to run around outside. Rachel and I went to her Uncle Mark's house to visit with more family. I just love being with all the Hubers. It's like they are family, and they've become that for Darin, Tyson and Jori too! We drove home later that afternoon and still managed to get the kids to bed at a decent time.

Tuesday night was a busy night for our family. First, we had Tyson's school Art Show. Actually, it was the district Art Show and his art was one of the pieces chosen from all the elementary schools, middle schools and high school. He was so excited! What made the night even more special was that we were able to see more Hubers! Uncle Bud and Aunt Bernice were actually in Michigan for Easter, so we didn't get to see them, but now they are here for the week, so they brought Jenna along to check out the Art Show. Tyson did such a great job and we are so proud of him! 
Tyson's "Masai"
After a quick tour through the rest of the Art Show, we headed back to the apartment. Then Darin and Tyson headed out to pick up our new laptop (yay!) and Jori and I headed to her school for Mom's Night Out! First we did some singing and dancing. One of the songs was called "Circle Round the Zero" and as soon as I heard it, I started reliving a moment from college that was so horrifying. I took a class called "Music in Community" and we learned all these little kids songs and this was one of the songs. The horrifying thing was that you stood in a circle, and then one person walked around the middle, and if they stopped in front of you, you had to act out the following "back back zero", which involved bumping butts, "side side zero", which was bumping your sides together and then a couple other things. I HATED that song, and everyone knew it and would purposefully stop in front of ME. Seriously, bumping behinds with people that I don't really know is not on my list of favorite things to do! After the singing time, we had ice cream sundaes. Then we made a cute little flower pot craft and that was it. My sweet girls said "Daddy date night was much more fun". Thanks Jori!

 We've had a fantastic few days. Make sure you go here to check out the rest of the pictures and I added some new videos here!

No comments: