Saturday, February 5, 2011

Catching up!

I know, it has been a while since I wrote. Packing up a house, moving to a much smaller place, spending time-then saying goodbye to my mom, dealing with lots of mixed emotions-those are just some of the things I've been keeping busy with. I also have just not really wanted to write. However, I know that the best thing to do is to JUST DO IT and then it will become much easier to get in the habit again. True of  a lot of things in life!

So first, I need to go back to early January, soon after we got back from Lynden. We finally had some snow in Michigan and the kids were excited to get out and play!
Tyson building a ramp for the sleds
Can you tell our girl is not happy?!
Here are a couple videos of the kids sledding. Darin is pointing out that the "ramp" is next to the shovel.



We had (and are still having) a lot of fun with our new Wii Fit. Darin and I are amazed at how much quickly the kids pick up on the different games. Tyson is such a good reader that he can figure out the instructions on his own, which is quite handy! He is also one of the itchiest/twitchiest kids we know as you'll see in the video of him below. He's always scratching at something. Jori loves giving Tyson helpful hints on how to play all the games. I am sure you will hear some of them below.


Let's see how many more videos I can upload on this post! On the 25th, we had Jenna and JJ over to play and sled. We wanted the kids to have one last chance to all play together in our house. It was a little crazy, as I had already started packing and Darin was having a horrid week at work and didn't get home as early as I hoped he would, but the kids had fun and I am thankful they'll have those memories together. I just wish I would have taken more pictures and videos-especially after Jon, Rachel and Reid came and Jon tried out the Wii Hula Hoop. Oh my. I know people who'd pay to see that!

Jori and Jenna sledding
JJ hanging out on the swings


This video makes me laugh. Jori and Jenna usually get along perfectly, but today they were a little out of sorts with each other. Jori made sure to keep bringing up the snowball that Jenna threw in her face the rest of the night : )

And here poor Jori takes a tumble while JJ just keeps swinging away.
We had such a fun night together with the Huisman's. I wish I had some pictures of our pizza party and Wii playing, but I don't. I guess that just means we'll have to do it again!

No comments: