Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken

Finally, a meal the whole family ate with NO complaints. Even Jori asked for seconds. That makes this meal a winner in my book. It is also a crock pot recipe, which makes it even more of a winner.

You will need:
Bacon
Boneless chicken breasts (I made three, but will make at least 4-5 next time)
2 apples
Lemon juice (to keep the apple from browning)
BBQ sauce

Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each boneless uncooked chicken breast and place in crock pot. Peel 2 apples and grate them, and then spread over top of chicken. Mix together 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and 3 tsp of lemon juice and pour over top of apples and chicken and cook for 8 hours on low.

I cooked mine on high for an hour and on low for 5 hours, put the lemon juice right on the grated apple to make sure I covered it all, used frozen chicken breasts and used one piece of bacon on one breast and didn't hear any complaints. I found this recipe on someone else's blog, and she had found it from somewhere else.

I will get around to writing about our wonderful Christmas in Minnesota once I upload our pictures, so stay tuned...

No comments: