Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're learning our Bible ABC's

Since about October, Tyson and Jori have been memorizing some Bible verses. We have made it all the way up to the letter "L"! I am amazed at how much they have been able to retain. Today I was able to get Jori to recite the verses she has learned. As an added bonus, you get to see some of her sweet moves : ) (and yes, she is checking herself out in the fireplace glass).

A: "A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17

B: "Be kind and compassionate to one another" Ephesians 4:32

C: "Create in my a clean heart O God" Psalm 51:10
D: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth" Ephesians 4:29

E: "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise" Psalm 100:4
F: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son" John 3:16



G: "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation" Mark 16:15
H: "Honor your father and your mother" Exodus 20:12 (This is their favorite. They say it like the kid on Psalty's Kids Praise 5)


I: "I am the bread of life" John 6:48
J: "Jesus replied, 'If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching" John 14:23
K: "Keep falsehood and lies far from me" Proverbs 30:8
L: "Let the little children come and do not hinder them" Mark 10:14 (or "and do not forbid them for such is the kingdom of heaven" depending on their mood)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh jonna i am so proud of you and amazed by my brilliant niece... loveyou sooo laurie