Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gram's visit

We had a wonderful week with Grandma Willie. Last Tuesday, the kids and I went to get her at the airport. They didn't know for sure why we were there (although somebody who lives in this house had mentioned that grandma was coming...) so when she finally came off the plane, they seemed more shocked than excited. Jori saw her and just stared for a couple seconds before giving a little wave and that was it. Tyson finally ran and gave Gram a tight hug and that seemed to break the zombie like spell that they were under.

On Thursday and Friday, my friend Katie came over and the three of us made applesauce, apple bread and apple crisp from 2 1/2 bushels of apples. I didn't realize what a lot of work it would be. I am glad I waited til my mom was here to undertake such a big project : ) On Saturday, we went to downtown Grand Rapids to catch the last day of ArtPrize, which was a big art contest that was put on right here in good old Michigan. I am SO glad we went. We got there at just the right time, because by the time we had seen all we wanted to see, it was c-c-c-cold out.

We didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are some of the things we saw:


Tyson and Jori had such a fun time with Grandma Willie. Tyson was so excited that she could meet him at his bus stop and walk him there on his school days. Jori loved hanging out with the ladies and going to a "girl" lunch. The night before my mom left, Jori woke up at 1 in the morning just crying because grandma was leaving. So sad! We brought my mom to the airport on Tuesday night and as soon as the van door shut, both kids started talking about how much they missed her!
We love you Gram! Thanks for coming to play with us and for loving us so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your mom's visit... I loved seeing the pictures! Looks like you had a great time with her! :) Tami