Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TV for kids-It's a good thing!

For those who think that any amount of TV that kids watch is a harmful waste of time, I beg to differ. I'll admit that my kids probably do watch too much TV, but it's only PBS so I am not feeling too bad about it. Anyways, today Tyson took the "lace" covering off of a toy bracelet and was hooking the bracelet around heavy toys. I asked what he was doing and he said "It's a simple machine." Yeah, I can guarantee you he did not learn about simple machines from me, or even his engineer dad. I asked him to tell me about it and he said "It is a simple machine that makes it easy to lift heavy things. I learned about it on Sid [the Science Kid]." He played with it the rest of the afternoon and told Darin about his invention and other simple machines like ramps and levers when he got home from work. You gotta love PBS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah yes, the joys of PBS! Josiah likes to go around saying the things from Super-Why. cute. oh, and i loved the pictures of your bag. sewing has the potential to become a slight addiction...we forgot to warn you about that! :) sad