Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

He is Risen Indeed! We hope you have all had as blessed of an Easter weekend as we have had. We are so thankful that we live in a country where we can openly participate in services that recall the sacrifice our Savior made on the cross and His resurrection.

Yesterday we took the kids to a local park for an egg hunt. I know these pictures aren't the best, but they were the only ones I managed to take during the hunt, which lasted less only a couple minutes.


This video is proof of the chaos. Tyson and Jori were in the section that had been roped off for 1-4 year olds. There was a lot more gathering than hunting going on, so I am not sure why they called in an egg hunt. Oh well. It was fast, which was kind of nice.

Today we had a wonderful Easter service. Tyson sang in front of church with the Wonder Years kids. Darin was in the back doing lights and Tyson spent most of his time on stage waving at Darin instead of doing the motions. He looked so handsome up there. We stayed for the beginning of the second service so that he could sing again. This time he managed to say "Hi" into a microphone. He was very proud of himself. I actually missed it because I had a very wiggly Jori with me the second time around.

This afternoon we had a lunch of left over pizza. Then we headed to the zoo. It was great to have Darin along with us as it is usually just me and the kids. Their favorite parts of the zoo were the snakes, little crocodiles, and the Komodo Dragon. We stayed to let them run around on the playground for a while and they both loved showing off for their daddy.

Now it is bedtime. Tyson heads back to preschool tomorrow, Grandma Karen will be arriving sometime tomorrow and then I am heading out for Oregon on Tuesday to see my sisters and mom.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You have a beautiful blog...I enjoyed reading some of it tonight and will be back to read more. Hope you will stop by and visit me...