Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Party Potatoes

I've got to get this blog rolling again, so I thought I'd start with a very simple and super tasty recipe. I know there are lot of party potato recipes out there, but this one is IT. It is from my friend Rachel, although I am pretty sure it is the recipe her mom uses, so all credit goes to Aunt Debbie.

Party Potatoes
32 oz frozen hash browns (thawed so there aren't any chunks)
1 pt (16 oz) sour cream
2 cans cream of potato soup (or 1 potato, 1 cream of chicken)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and some butter to dot on the top of the potatoes

Mix hash browns and everything except Parmesan cheese and butter. Put in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with butter. Bake uncovered at 325 for 1-1 1/2 hours. If I am making this for only our family, I will sometimes put half in a 9x9 and freeze the other half in a freezer bag.

This is great for potlucks or picnics. I've had it out of the oven for close to 45 minutes and it was still steaming hot. Just cover with foil when it comes out of the oven and stick it in a carrier thing or wrap it up with a towel and leave it all covered up until you are ready to eat!

No comments: